Do you mean iwpt_get_ofile_name("basename"); ?
Are you using PT or XSLT ? The call I provided is a perl call that fits within iwperl tags in a PT
So, if I put this into the PT and it updates the sitemap, how would I call the sitemap to remove this when the preview is closed?
That is a design issue and I am not certain why you are doing this in general. What is your use case ? zz_tst files are temporary, but you may want to regen the sitemap to point to the real page instead of the temp page.
However preveiwing a file should never be in the sitemap, because that will go away in about 30 seconds.
The webservice to automatically make the sitemap is of dubious value, how many pages do you have, *all* of them in the sitemap ? I do not see it but I can see some rational behind it. However preveiwing a file should never be in the sitemap, because that will go away in about 30 seconds.
The edict was that we would use a webservice that maintains the sitemap via a database.Getting this to work for generate is very simple because we don't have to worry about figuring out the random file name, sending it to the webservice so preview works, and then telling the webservice to delete it when preview is closed.I thought there'd be a way to have a little more control over the preview process, but it's sounding like the only control I have is in the PT?Is there some way of giving it a sort of "When preview closed" event? This way I can clean up the temporary file name from the sitemap when it's closed?
If that helps - it's not all that hard to do, but still... I tend to agree with Andy on this one, your Use Case looks questionable at best.
Sure, I know nothing about your rendition Environment and Application so it may be a perfectly kosher one.