Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Creating Collections for Keywords
joyedele
All -
I am currently trying to create a collection for some content and wanted to know the best practice for this process. Currently our client has identified 3 content types that they will want metatagger to generate keywords for. (News Articles, Announcements and Product Descriptions). The content will be created using TeamSite data capture templates.
My question is, is it better to generate a different set of indexes for each content type (3 collections, 3 indexes) or one index in which the collection contains samples of all of the different types?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
yanSi
I was wondering the same thing for my project. I think one index will produce sufficiently good results.
For most companies, I think the most significant data type is Products as visitors to your site are most likely to search on what your company sells. Generating really really accurate keywords for various data types, I think is not important since most search engines do not depend on that metadata field anymore due to people misusing that field to get better rankings.
Migrateduser
For automatic keyword *extraction*, the best practice is to create an index per type provided that you have at least 2000 samples. If not, use the standard model.
Be aware that keyword extraction will only pull words that appear in the content itself. If you want to add related words, that's better accomplished using a recognizer.
Cheers,
Clark