can you post a sample DCR as well.
so let me see if I am understanding this.. 1 - is this the nested replicant issue from your other post2 - your DD config you posted shows the parent field in the 2nd group as the same value as the current records HTMLID, I assume that was supposed to be the parent ID?also, you will (eventually) need to add to your child group regardless a FKlike:[html] [/html]
nav1 (htmlid="yyy" parent="")nav2 (htmlid="****" parent="")nav3 (htmlid="abc" parent="")--subnav1 (htmlid="xyz1", parent="abc")--subnav2 (htmlid="xyz2", parent="abc")--subnav3 (htmlid="xyz3", parent="abc")nav4 (htmlid="zzz", parent="")
For #1 - I don't know what "other" post you mean. Do you mean the one that started the thread?For #2 - I am not sure I understand your question but let me explain. Here is a representation of the replicant structure (nav and subnav). The parent column of each row created when deploying the subnav shoud be equal to the parent navigation's htmlid. See diagram below. In this case there should be 7 rows deploy to my table ( 4 from the nav and 3 from the subnav)If by "current record" you mean the one in the root group then my answer to your question is yes. nav1 (htmlid="yyy" parent="")nav2 (htmlid="****" parent="")nav3 (htmlid="abc" parent="")--subnav1 (htmlid="xyz1", parent="abc")--subnav2 (htmlid="xyz2", parent="abc")--subnav3 (htmlid="xyz3", parent="abc")nav4 (htmlid="zzz", parent="") I'll add the foreign key thank you.
This error is produced using the code you suggest. When I remove the foreign key setting the deployment works but only deploys the rows from the root group and not the nested sub-nav group. I think you're on the correct track though.java.sql.SQLException: [SNY2AFSDBDEV01\ADL]Tables or functions 'TS_CONTENT_01' and 'TS_CONTENT_01' have the same exposed names. Use correlation names to distinguish them.
Interesting... based on your last post it sounds like this is an issue for SQL Server rather than Oracle. Agree?
I also assume that the in the second example the second group should have a root-group attribute set to "no" rather than yes.DBD: Table [TS_CONTENT_01] exists.DBD: Table [TS_CONTENT_01_CMS] does not exist. Creating..DBD: CREATE TABLE TS_CONTENT_01_CMS(Parent VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL ,htmlid VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL ,text VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL ,url VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL ,audience VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL ,nofollow VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL ,SiblingPosition VARCHAR(50) NOT NULL , CONSTRAINT TS_CONTENT_01_CMS_key PRIMARY KEY (htmlid))DBD:DBD: *******************************************************DBD: SQLException occured in TableSchema:CreateViaSql()DBD: Exception Message: [SNY2AFSDBDEV01\ADL]There is already an object named 'TS_CONTENT_01_CMS' in the database.DBD: Vendor Error Code: 2714DBD: SQL state: 01000DBD: *******************************************************DBD:DBD: *******STACK TRACE*************DBD: ERROR:java.sql.SQLException: [SNY2AFSDBDEV01\ADL]There is already an object named 'TS_CONTENT_01_CMS' in the database.
no, this would be an issue for Oracle too, I had a similar issue with Oracle.. and that was how I solved it without creating other tables...what is your DB?sorry.. root group should be yes for group 1, no for others.. typo.. I corrected it..but also, you need to create it as a view, not just let IWOV create it as a table..
...based on your last post it sounds like this is an issue for SQL Server rather than Oracle.
When I said, I was referring to the fact you knew a view would work on Oracle but were not sure about SQL Server. I am using SQL Server right now but will move to Oracle when we get out of development.I tried the second options and created a dummy table. I only got the "outer" rows deployed with the parent column equal to the htmlid column.
it sounds like your running into the issue with the nested containers from that other post.. can you upgrade OD? or is that not an option?
Yes, I think I agree. I thought about the other thread before I posed to it. I have been able to deploy nested replicant values to the same rows as the parent values in the root group so I convinced my self this we different.Can I upgrade? Maybe. I'll have to talk to the project managers.Thanks for your help.
I haven't tried you last example yet but if I read it correctly then each group is for deploying a separate "parent" navigation element. This would mean I would have to have a group for each parent navigation item so if there were eight parent navigation items we would have groups CR_LeftNav2a to CR_LeftNav2h with column value from fields matching the following:navigation-element/0/navigation/0/*navigation-element/0/navigation/1/*navigation-element/0/navigation/2/*navigation-element/0/navigation/3/*navigation-element/0/navigation/4/*navigation-element/0/navigation/5/*navigation-element/0/navigation/6/*navigation-element/0/navigation/7/*If this is true then do you agree that we would have to hard code the number of navigation elements we have? Wouldn't we have to worry about index out of bound exceptions? Did you just give this example as a way of testing for the "nested replicant issue"?This is TS 6.7.1 SP1, OD 6.1.1
Even with the last example I only get two rows in the DB. One for each of the parent navs.I am going to contact support to see if it is "bug" related.I may try to use two tables and do a join.
can you post the full DataDeploy log from your last run?
I have a DCT with nested replicants. The top level replicants are call navigation and the inner replicants are called sub-navigation.Both navigation and sub-navigation replicants have an HTMLID field which have unique values.I want to deploy all replicants to the same table and insert the value of the navigation (parent) HTMLID for each row inserted from the sub-navigation into a column called Parent.I have attached the deploy config file I have. As it exists, only the rows from the navigation are inserted. If I remove the column tag for the parent column the all rows from the navigation and sub-navigation get inserted without the parent HTML ID. See attached DD config file.OD 6.1.1TS 6.7.1 SP1 and custom DCRs
I need to go back and try your first deploy configuration recommendation to make sure the name change didn't effect the results of my tests. I don't think it did because tables have been drop and recreated since then and the log files didn't indicate a "null not allowed for column text" error. I'll update the thread after testing.
I have rested everything and all the problems and results are the same as in the previous posts. So changing the reference to to the "text" item was not the root cause of the problem.