Changing Password WEM 8.1

Hi all, 

Our customer want to change the password of WEM in production enviroment but i've not change this password never, so i've investigated about these actions to change it and i've see an script called "/opt/OpenText/WEM/Content/8_1/bin/vgnpasswordchange.sh", and some of documentation about it in the same path with the name "vgnpasswordchange-README.txt", but have some dudes about it:

1º.- This script is secure? Could make some issue if i launch it ?

2º.- Over documentation  vgnpasswordchange-README.txt, it are commenting that after launch the script is necessary change the password in LDAP, ¿How i can change the LDAP?

As you can see, i don't know all the correct procedure to do this action of change passwor, so if somebody could tell me step by step how i can change it correctly, please,I would be grateful

Thanks in advance and regards

Comments

•  

You probably should go via OpenText support for this.

There should be some Knowledge Base articles on OT support site with details of the process.

As far as part 2 is concerned,

WEM install typically needed 2 system accounts,

• User account typically used to connect to corporate LDAP.
    • User account created during install to allow for deployment to WebLogic instance (this account is local to Weblogic).

In lot of WEM installs customer ended up using same userid/pwd combination for both the accounts during installation. Just changing one and not other would cause system to lockout. Thus the tool and the process was build to support changing the password. This is also the reason why readme instruct you to change the password for account in Corporate LDAP.

So you do need to get in touch with team responsible for corporate LDAP changes at customer, ask them to identify the userid used account by WEM and change password at right moment as mentioned in readme.

Best Regards

Qutub

From: eLink Entry: Discussion Group - Web Experience Management <v7webcontentmanagement@elinkkc.opentext.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:21 AM
    To: eLink Recipient <devnull@elinkkc.opentext.com>
    Subject: Changing Password WEM 8.1

Posted byruben.montealegre@vilt-group.com (Montealegre, Ruben) On 04/03/2019 04:19 AM

Hi all, 

Our customer want to change the password of WEM in production enviroment but i've not change this password never, so i've investigated about these actions to change it and i've see an script called "/opt/OpenText/WEM/Content/8_1/bin/vgnpasswordchange.sh", and some of documentation about it in the same path with the name "vgnpasswordchange-README.txt", but have some dudes about it:

2º.- Over documentation  vgnpasswordchange-README.txt, it are commenting that after launch the script is necessary change the password in LDAP, ¿How i can change the LDAP?

As you can see, i don't know all the correct procedure to do this action of change passwor, so if somebody could tell me step by step how i can change it correctly, please,I would be grateful

[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]

Forum:

Discussion Group - Web Experience Management

Content Server:

My Support

•  

You probably should go via OpenText support for this.

There should be some Knowledge Base articles on OT support site with details of the process.

As far as part 2 is concerned,

WEM install typically needed 2 system accounts,

• User account typically used to connect to corporate LDAP.
    • User account created during install to allow for deployment to WebLogic instance (this account is local to Weblogic).

In lot of WEM installs customer ended up using same userid/pwd combination for both the accounts during installation. Just changing one and not other would cause system to lockout. Thus the tool and the process was build to support changing the password. This is also the reason why readme instruct you to change the password for account in Corporate LDAP.

So you do need to get in touch with team responsible for corporate LDAP changes at customer, ask them to identify the userid used account by WEM and change password at right moment as mentioned in readme.

Best Regards

Qutub

From: eLink Entry: Discussion Group - Web Experience Management <v7webcontentmanagement@elinkkc.opentext.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:21 AM
    To: eLink Recipient <devnull@elinkkc.opentext.com>
    Subject: Changing Password WEM 8.1

Posted byruben.montealegre@vilt-group.com (Montealegre, Ruben) On 04/03/2019 04:19 AM

Hi all, 

[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]

Forum:

Discussion Group - Web Experience Management

Content Server:

My Support

• Hi, thanks for your response, i'll take in your considerations and will talk with responsables of Corporate LDAP to get all information about Wem UserId.I'll try to change this password and hope that these system lockout you are commented don't ocurre.I think better give all information (good and bad) about do this change password, because, actually, the service is running correctly, and this change only is to unify all passwords of same user... i think that is bigger the risks than improvement.Regards.