Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCT issue
matty_mouse
Greetings!
We've been having issues with one of our DCTs, and I was hoping someone here could help me figure out what the problems are...
We have a perl script that grabs text files and puts them together (based on certain variables) in order to "dynamically" construct our DCTs. This works well enough, other than the fact we don't have "actual" DCTs we can look at all in one file. I am able to generate such a file on the command line, and I've attached this particular problem DCT (I had to zip it, as it was too large to upload in txt format).
Here are the problems:
1) Everytime I load a DCT, Firebug gives this error: "datacapture is not defined".
This is from line 779 of dc_action.js (code from dc_action.js below)
#####
function resizeHelp ()
{
// we need to reposition the single VF instance during resize because
// the positioning is not automatically done by the browser
datacapture.resizeSingleVFHelper();
}
#####
I see reference to VF there, which puzzles me as we are using TinyMCE. Unless it is an ambiguous variable name that can refer to either VFE or TinyMCE.
Even though this error occurs, it doesn't seem to affect anything else. Except perhaps issue #2...
2) I can use the following:
IWEventRegistry.addItemHandler("/record/English/body_e/content/crazycombo/number","onItemChange",matt_test);
This actually fires when I change the value in that field. However, looking at matt_test:
#####
function matt_test() {
alert("rawr!");
IWDatacapture.getItem("/record/English/body_e/content/crazycombo/number").setValue("rawr");
}
#####
No matter what I try (getValue or setValue) on that field, I always get an error:
IWDatacapture.getItem("/record/English/body_e/content/crazycombo/number") is null
Is there anyone that could possibly shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?
Many thanks!
Cheers,
Matt
(TeamSite 6.7.2 Service Pack 1 on RH Linux)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Assuming the alert pops up,
try this code:
function matt_test(item) {
alert("rawr!");
alert(item.getValue());
item.setValue("Change it");
}
matty_mouse
Andy:
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks very, very much for your help!!
Cheers,
Matt
nipper
I'll give you a hint as to why this happened;
add this alert
alert(item.getName());
Migrateduser
That will just give you a null value since ittem is never defined.