Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Publish Livesite content question
cc96ai
Does anyone why submit task which is after the production deployment, for all other out of the box workflow, submit task which is before production deployment
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Can you rephrase that question? I am not sure what you are asking.
nipper
I understand his question. With the default LiveSite WF, it deploys content from the WORKAREA before the submittask is run.
Why ? I have no freaking idea. There is a reason this is a *sample* workflow. :-)
On my next SP gig I will be using some of the out of the box tasks (transform, deploy, etc) but will be writing a lot of it myself.
Faizi
In OOTB PLC workflow deployment performed using "URL Task" and Submit task comes after deployment task, i do not know what is the internal process.
But what i found that if you will keep submit task before deployment task then the status of files which is deployed/submitted is edit mode.
It means deployment task might be adding some metadata value into the files after the deployment. Thats why status of files set to edit mode. Therefore Submit task putted after deployment task. Thats make status of files Submitted.
While this is not the case in file base deployment using "Deploy Task". Therefore in earlier workflows Submit task comes before deployment task.