The original thread was
here
Yes, we are fully aware of the missing getGroup() API of the CSGroupTask. I was the one who filed the internal bug and had been pushing it for the fix. Hope we can fix that asap.
For the other claims, I would really want to understand them. It would be a big surprise for me if you have to resort to iwgetwfobj system call or other means in the Java mail task.
I am looking at this example source file: iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_samples_src/src/com/corp/custom/MailNotificationTask.java
the constants section has these
public static final String MAIL_SUBJECT = "Sample Task Notification"; public static final String MAIL_ENCODING = "UTF-8"; public static final String MAIL_MIME_TYPE = "text/html";
// fill in your mail server host name public static final String MAIL_SERVER = "smtp.corp.com";
public static final String KEY_MAIL_TEMPLATE = "mail_template"; public static final String KEY_TARGET_TASK_NAME = "target_task_name";
// web host to serve all the stylesheet and images to the HTML email public static final String WEB_HOST = "localhost";
// print lots of JavaMail mail session debugging info. Turn this off when // email is working properly. public static final boolean DEBUG_MAIL_SESSION = true;
So you can code your business logic to customize the subject line, encoding, html/plaintext, and also the debugging flag. In the following code like the sendMail() method, you can certainly customize your recipient list, from address, cc list, etc.
Maybe the current Java solution did not expose these customizations as config files like the Perl solution mail did. We may want to improve the Java solution in that way, but that doesn't hinder the flexibility of it, I think. Please let me know otherwise. I would like to kill your pain before it becomes mine. 
Also, I hear that we need to improve on the documentation part of the CS APIs.
--Michael |
First, since you're internal - I'll assume you can access support cases - in which case - feel free to chime in on:
Java implementation of iw_solution_email.ipl OOTB. If you can convince the powers-to-be to do this, I'll buy you dinner at GearUp next year ;-)