Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to set the "Others" Workarea permissions?
tobias
Hi, this is with TS 6.7.2 on Solaris 10.
Does anyone know how to set a workarea's permission for "Others" via the command line?
I've checked the iwaccess CLT but none of the available options seem to be capable of doing this (at least not on the workarea level, the "set-unix-permission" parameter only works within a workarea).
The reason why I'm asking is that I need to make sure that in our multi-branch-level structure users are able to access a subbranch's workareas without having access to the parent branch's workareas (It is okay for them to see the name of the parent workarea [greyed out] but they must not be able to enter it).
So far the only way I could find was to set both branches and workareas to "private", have a group defined on the parent branch that has a custom role without actual rights and which each subbranch user is a member of, and manually (via the GUI) set the parent branch's workarea's permission for "Others" to "No Access".
However, since we automatically set up and maintain our branch/workarea structure, I want to do all this via the command line.
Or may some of the iw.cfg's configuration settings be used to set this permission? I was thinking of the "branch_default_perm" and "workarea_default_perm" parameters.
I appreciate any feedback on this issue.
Cheers,
Tobias
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet