Hi all,
I am currently running MediaBin 4.6.1 (both the asset server and web client) on a windows server inside my trusted network. I am working on configuring another MediaBin Web Client on a windows server in my DMZ so that I can expose MediaBin to users on the internet. I have everything configured and working properly except for one small issue, and I am hoping that someone has come across this and can help out.
As stated above, I have MediaBin Web Client installed on a server inside my DMZ. In order to access it, you would go to some URL (say
http://mediabin.interwoven.com/MediaBin) to reach the username and password screen. We have a DNS entry on the web that states when you go to our URL, it then sends you to the IP address of our load balancer (comes in on port 80). Our load balancer then redirects the request to a windows server (inside our DMZ) on a different port (say port 8888). The MediaBin Web Client instance running on IIS is listening on port 8888, which then gets redirected to our MediaBin asset server, which is running inside our trusted network. We have the same URL to access MediaBin internally as we do externally (ie:
http://mediabin.interwoven.com/MediaBin).
Now that I have briefly explained how I have environment setup, I will get to what my problem is. When I use the "email as link" option inside the MediaBin Web Client, I want to send the link to users both inside and outside of the company. When I perform this inside, everything works great. When I try to access the link from outside the company is where I have problems. It seems that when it tries to get the link for the file to download, it is returning the port 8888 on the string. My guess is that it is first going to the DNS to find out where "mediabin.interwoven.com" is located (which points to our load balancer) and then gets directed to our MediaBin Web Client in the DMZ. When it returns a value, it looks like this "
http://mediabin.interwoven.com:8888/MediaBin/transfer/links....". I want to know if there is a setting that changed that I can trick mediabin into sending it back as a default like "
http://mediabin.interwoven.com/MediaBin/transfer/links....".I hope this makes sense to anyone as it is rather difficult to explain. If something does not make sense, please let me know and I will clarify.
Thanks for any suggestions.