If you create a parent workflow variable, you should be able to see that variable by creating an instance of the parent workflow in your child's code.
Not sure you can reference a parent variable directly in your child WF model - you will likely need to do some preprocessing in the child to pull the parent info into your child, then use that info to base your logic..
We kick off sub-workflows instead.
Try setting the "transfer Only" attribute to "true" when passing values to nested workflow.
When set to True and the Lock attribute is also set to True, files that were locked by a predecessor task will have the lock modified when a task becomes active.
Wrong information does not equal entertainment, in my humble opinion. It's one thing to really think you know something but be slightly off. It's quite another to post without a clue. Please do not try and help people if you really don't know what you're talking about.
Ok so just to clafiy, there's no answer yet on how to pass variables using WFM Nested Workflows right?
I actually have not been able to invoke the child workflow.
Thanks that was helpful, I actually have not been able to invoke the child workflow. I keep getting an error only saying that it cannot invoke the child workflow. So i'm trying to figure out why it isnt starting. I can start the workflow independently however.