Hi,I have a requirement to verify a DCR field on save of DCR. This has to happen real time, on all present DCR.
Thank you all for your reply.@Viral,There is a field **** in my DCT. On save of new DCR, I have to verify that no other DCR in the workarea has the same value given by the user in the field ****.@Sugan,I thought of that solution, but in that case, on every save of DCR, I will have to loop through all the available DCR on TS and that will be very heavy operation taking in to consideration of hundreds of contents. So, I was looking for some efficient method, like keeping this field value as metadata and any tool to search that. I know this is doable with TS Search. But, right now I am not getting any other good way than TS search.
Let's say that you are trying to save a DCR at templatedata/Category/Datatype/data/****.xml and if that DCR already exists then TS will warn you for sure -- perhaps a little bit more than that. Would that not suffice? Writing some script to check if that file exists and if it did then what ....? You are probably going to alert the user -- which is what TS is already doing. I am just wondering why re-invent the wheel? Perhaps you have some requirement that is driving that.HTH!