Home Analytics Designing reports
The community of Analytics developers are invited to follow and participate in the developer network.
OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.

how to present a image based on a value

HI All,
I have got a column that represents "good" and "bad" values, what I would like to do is to show a red circle if the value is "bad" and show a green circle if the value is "good"
I have two images 1. red circle 2. Green circle, how would I do that? or is there a better solution than using images ?

Thanks

Comments

• Good afternoon! I have a report where I have embedded images that either 'show', or 'hide' depending on what a specific value is. You would just have to set the rule in the 'Visibility' attribute.

Hope this helps.

Scott

• Scott's suggestion is the typical method. One other way I've seen to do this is to use a keyboard symbol assuming you can find one that meets your requirements. The advantage of a keyboard symbol is that you don't have to manage resources (image files).

In the attached report, I copied and pasted a symbol from a web page into a computed column. It is not an image. It's a character. (Note: The "customernumber" column in the Data Set is not used. I queried Classic Models just to quickly generate a few rows for the example.)

There is a Highlight rule on Data element c2 in the table to change the circle red when the value equals "bad".

Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
  • Thanks Jeff and Scott, I used the second option :)