hi,i am new to livesite. we, in datacapture.cfg form the presentation and validations through CDATA. so in livesite can we validate the datums in the content XML. I need this because if its possible then i need not have to create a datacapture.cfg file. thanks.
Datacapture.cfg is an template that you use to input data using new form entry and the end-product of using an datacapture.cfg is an xml file containg data/content which we call a DCR.Now as far as the component creation using Content.xml /Appereance.xsl/Apperance.xml is concerned it comes in picture when you fetch the data using dcr by implementing DCR Datum type.So, i am not clear with your question.Kindly elaborate it ?
in the datacapture we write what ever we want from the user through those "container" and other tags.the validation we require for these "item name" and "container" or any other tag through "![[CDATA ]]". now we can capture the data from the user through the datums.but i want to know now that can we do the validations for those datums by using javascript in the Appearance.XSL area.I hope I have made clear.if not please do let me know.
Thanks for the suggestion.