Hi,Im trying to set focus one of the item in dcr while loading.i have taken a simple dcr and used " IWDatacapture.getItem("/XYZ/name").setFocus(); " Nothing wrong in .js and dct, i believe.irrespective of an item,its jus focusing the very first item in dct.pf attached codePl provide any clues..!!
vtitle=IWDatacapture.getItem("/tennisCard/person[0]/name");
Try: vtitle=IWDatacapture.getItem("/tennisCard/person[0]/name");
I believe it is NOT 0-based.
Yepp..Its not a zero-based..
Actually i don think could be time delay issue.bcoz i tried puttin some alert after "IWitem.setfocus()" statements and its throwing the same.only thing is focus is not setting to reuired item.
It should be vtitle=IWDatacapture.getItem("/tennisCard[0]/person[0]/name");
Are you doing a new form entry or trying to edit a DCR ?If editing a DCR check whether your container is loading in expanded or collaped mode.If it is in collapsed mode then you might get this problem.
You can configure the number of replicants expanded or collapsed in a container during form load. I think by default, if it is more than 3 the container will load in collapsed mode. I couldn't remember the file name. Check the docs.Its a feature mainly to optimize the form loading time. So keep an eye on that criteria as well.