It was proposed to the company I work for that we use Interwoven/TeamSite to handle part of a web site:- A calendar of events (Ideally, we'd make calendar events available to other applications)- A directory of podcastsI am new to TeamSite, so I've been going over various documentation to find the best methodology to use to set this up.Is anyone familiar enough with the documentation on how to accomplish this, or who is familiar with case studies? (I have read some of the basic documentaton but haven't yet found anything specifically related to events calendars or podcasts. From the looks of things, we may have to use OpenDeploy for this.) There does appear to be a lot of documentation; the problem I'm having is separating what's relevant to this case.Thanks in advance.
if you are new to TeamSite, I would suggest that you hire somebody just to go through the requirements and architect the solution.I could offer some ideas (not sure you could use them though ) - but they will depend on your requirements.
Short answer, yes you can do this. Easy? Not quite. 1st point to remember is that TS is not a webserver. It is a content management tool. So it will not be the tool that delivers the podcasts or the event calender to the end user. TS will be a great help to users wanting to add/change/delete that content.
I worked on a project a couple years ago maintain the entertainment calendar for a family of casinos (gzevin was also on the project). The DCR was quite complex because there were scheduled acts (Joe plays for 5 days), there were permenant acts (Jean plays M,T,Th,F - but is off this week and a bunch of 1 off selections). That data was then pushed to a (very complex) RDBMS for a JSP server to dynamically serve the data.
Just curious... if you had a separate server for handling schedule data, does that mean that the 'calendar' did not use the TeamSite facilities for editing and/or approving content for publishing? Or did the DB/Server generate the data that would then go through the TeamSite approval process?