The UTF-8 encoding does not support all languages...
First, good luck with 5.5.2, that was EOL (end of life) YEARS ago. So unless you plan to upgrade, it is highly unlikely you will be able to get any help.As to UTF-8 etc, I am goign through the same issue (with 6.7.1). We support the western European languages (FR, DE, ES, IT, etc) plus Japanese. We are also looking to Korean, which *should* work with UTF-8. From what I have read, some Chinese can work with UTF-8 but the full character suite requires UTF-16.Before you do anything, you MUST upgrade, and at this late inthe game it will be tough.Andy
Hi,During the preview ,I could find the languages with their characters but once i generate i am getting some junk characters with some english alphabets.And also,when i View Source for the previewed pages i get junk characters and not language's characters.For languages like Japanese,Korean,Arabic etc i can't preview the files using proper encoding set in iwpt_encoding.ipl.Please suggest me , if something should be done when generating the page, so that i could get the language's characters instead of junk characters.Thanks Gomathy