How to display three different tables columns in a single bar chart?

Sai krishna
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hello team,

Could you please tell me how to display three different tables columns in a single bar chart. If so, please help me how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• Join the data in a single Data Set. If the data is in a relational database, do the join in the query. If the data is in flat files, create individual Data Sets first, then add a Join Data Set that combines all three. If there is no way to a normal join on the data, use a Scripted Data Set and write code to combine the data. Once the data is in a Data Set, go to the Select Data tab in the chart editor and use the "Value (Y) Series" dropdown to create three series.

• Hi Jeff,

Good day!
    Thanks for the reply. I have created the Scripted datasource and data set as suggested. But i have no idea how to combine the data from the other datasets. Could you please provide me a basic example report so that it will be very helpful to combine the data.
    Thanks in advance.

• jfranken
    edited September 16, 2019 #4

Hi Sai,

It sounds like you already have the data in Data Sets. If so, then you shouldn't need to do any scripting. Just create Joint Data sets to join the three original Data Sets on whatever data column will be used for the Category (X) axis in the chart. I have attached a simple example.

A Scripted Data Set is only necessary if you can't retrieve the data into Data Sets using the Data Sources in the designer.