Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Worksite Web 8.2 & New Themes
afleming00
Hi,
Has anyone created new themes within the Worksite Web enviroment that is willing to share them?
Also when creating a new theme is there any useful or recomended tools to assist with doing this when modifing the css & jave code?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi afleming, I have created themes for some customers and it is very useful, you only have to copy one of the provided by the application and modify as you say iwpl.css and the all you that stuff.
In the Worksite Web installation (...\Interwoven\Worksite\Web\) you have a subfolder called themes. Copy and paste one of these folders in Themes and rename it.
After this I usally work with dreamweaver for modifying the css and javascript code but you can work with any editor. There is a very usefull document with Worksite Web Installation called "Worksite Web CSS customization Guide"
hope this helps.
Regards
Javi
afleming00
Hi Javi,
Thanks for the reply. I haven't worked with Dreamweaver much but does it give you a graphical layout view or do you alter the css file just in text based format?
Also would you mind posting a couple screenshots of the change to the themes you have made?
I have made changes to a client site and will add an attachment soon to show what I have done.
Regards
Aaron.
datepcker.png
Migrateduser
Hi Afleming,
I use dreamweaver but as you said I work on text based, so my way of working is changing the code and testing in a development enviroment. That is why I told you that you can use any editor, even notepad...
Regarding examples, here in this web site you have a couple of documents that could be usefull for you
- Go to WebCasts and you will find one from Nancy S. about Worksite Web customization.
- And also go to Tech Library and in the Gear Up documents you will find another presentation with screen shots of this, you can follow this link:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/docs/GearUpEurope05/WorkSiteNT/CustomizingWorkSiteWeb.pdf
Hope this helps mate,
Javi
afleming00
Hi Javi,
Thanks for that, it help. I see in the document that the search bar is moved to the right and the header is customized at bit. You would know of the change in code to do this?
Here is what I have done so far, the image on the left in the header is a rotating gif file. (see screenshot).
Would you mind if we took this discussion into a more direct mode of communication via email? my email address is
aaron.fleming@axon.co.nz