So back to my original question: Is there any ability to debug what is happening in a deploytask ? I cannot find any logs. Perl was easy, crack it open and turn debug on. How can I do that with a Java task ?
So I used "Deploying Multiple Sites to Multiple Runtime Instances" instructions in the SP Dev Guide. Added a new bean (entry key="vip") for the vip site (new target node, path, etc), changed the Target node in the custom_instantiation.cfg (with a new label and I do see that new label), and changed the Global Variable (DeployFilesTargetNodes).
Let me understand this correctly - you are trying to log the OOTB external task tied with OOTB Java class, correct? Let me also verify that you have checked servletd logs and you want to see more info than logged in there, correct?You can try to turn the base loggers on and increase the logging level. See if that helps. At the end of the day if the Java class itself isn't logging some piece of information that you are after then updating the log level will not make much of a difference.In any case, keep in mind that with perl, you have the source code versus Java what you have is the compiled version of it (JAR files) that you are referencing. I do not want to open up the religious war of Perl vs Java here but what is provided with PLC is written in Java. If increasing the logging level doesn't help then you might want to look into creating something custom that logs everything that is necessary for your requirement.HTH!
How do I check the base logger & increase the logging level ?
Got another Q VP, when you write your own WF for LiveSite, do you use some of the bundled jar files or are you creating your own ?