Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Working FormAPI Examples?
SharonH
Looking for confirmation from anyone that has used the built in FormAPI examples (iw-home/ examples/Templating/templatedata/userscript)
provided by Interwoven. I would like to use a similar function as demonstrated in the locations example, have set up the DCT and template, and copied the cgi & ipl files into httpd/iw-bin, and have added [teamsite_templating]
# use_java_ui=false
enable_formapi=true
to iw.cfg.....but the DCT is still static. . (on Windows 2000)
Has anyone out there successfully used any of the example FormAPI code, or alternately, have I missed a step?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you saying that the OOTB example works but your own attempt does not ? or does the OOTB example not work either?
--fish
(Interwoven Information Guy)
SharonH
The Interwoven example does not work.
Adam Stoller
Okay - I think you may need to do either an
iwreset
or
iwreset -ui
or possibly
iwreset -a
I suggest trying them in that order - i.e.:
Close the templating window (leave TeamSite GUI open)
run one of the
iwreset
commands above (and wait a second or two after it completes)
Try creating/editing the DCR again and see if the FormAPI code works
If not, repeat these steps using the next
iwreset
command shown above
If I knew which command was needed I'd just tell you, but as I'd have to go through the exact same process above - you might as well do it and save time.
--fish
(Interwoven Information Guy)
SharonH
p.s. Am using IE 5.5 browser
Capture.JPG
SharonH
Thanks fro your help - I have run iwreset -a on it already - did try it again though. Still no change - the DCT remains static. Would be keen to find out if there is anyone who has gotten one of the iwov userscript examplesrunning on a Windows 2000 platform, ie 5.5 - I believe this is the ideal system for running form API?
Adam Stoller
Ah - you know I was wondering about this one a while back when I first looked at it (months ago) and never bothered to dig into it.
The answer is: Check out the README file in .../templatedata/userscript/location/ - in it you'll find that you need to copy one or two files from that directory into iw-home/httpd/iw-bin/ (you may need to make some minor adjustments to the aforementioned files before-or-after you copy them into place - also noted in the README)
After that - it seems to work just fine.
--fish
(Interwoven Information Guy)
SharonH
Yes,the first thing I did was look at the README file - as mentioned, I had already copied those files (getLocations.ipl and getLocations.cgi) (see first post). I noticed on Solaris youa re required to change the location of iw-home but there is no mention of alterations to the ipl file on Windows - is there something that needs to change that is perhaps not mentioned?
Adam Stoller
Sorry - missed the information in your first post about copying the files.
Hmm - I have essentially the same environment - Win2K, TS 5.5.2, IE 5.5 - and it worked for me as soon as I copied those two files in the iw-home/httpd/iw-bin/ directory (without making any modification to them).
Let's look for some other variables:
Are you doing this through WebDesk or WebDeskPro ?
(I only tested through WebDeskPro - but it shouldn't really matter)
Neither of us is using the Java UI (it wouldn't work - FormAPI is for the browser-based templating interface only)
I have not yet applied 552 SP1 - so my TeamSite version is:
iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 9924 Interwoven 20020714
(there could be a regression bug, but I doubt it)
If I use the Windows Explorer and look at the "detailed" view of the iw-home/httpd/iw-bin directory I see:
getLocations.cgi 500 KB
getLocations.ipl 2 KB
I'm running out of ideas right now - if you have any other environmental data you'd like to compare - post it - hopefully someone will be able to figure out what's going on.
You might also consider working with Interwoven Support - but if you do, please remember to follow-up here with any resolution
--fish
(Interwoven Information Guy)