Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Frontpage 2000 on client m/c
reeturaj
We are trying to use Frontpage 2000 as our default editor on client m/c's. Frontpage 2000 is installed on the client m/c's. When we try to edit the file it dosen't open the file and it gives an error. If we use other editors it works fine.
Appreciate your response
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
What error do you get, and can you specify how the file is being opened? FYI, I use frontpage all the time with TeamSite content. It does work, but you may need to do some configuration to get everything working properly.
Also tell us please what version of TeamSite and operating system the server is running on.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
reeturaj
Whenever we try to edit a html file by selecting the file and using the Edit button. The error we get is "Couldn't open file". We haven't done any configuration in Teamsite for Frontpage.
We are using Teamsite 5.5.2 and Win2K
tvaughan
In the TeamSite GUI, try using the "Edit-->LaunchPad Setup" menu item command.
Try associating HTML and HTM with your DreamWeaver app and see if that helps getting the "Edit With" Button to work.
Tom
reeturaj
We tried it out but it still gives us the same error. Are there any other settings we need to set.
Appreciate your response
Migrateduser
Let me make sure I understand: You're starting out in the TS GUI, you're check-marking an html file, and clicking the "edit" button. Right?
- Does the file get downloaded into launchpad?
- If you right-click on an html file on your client system and choose "edit", what happens?
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
reeturaj
That's correct.
It gets downloaded in Launchpad. Outside Teamsite if we right click and try to open any html file in the client m/c using frontpage it works fine.
Migrateduser
OK. And what if you go to c:\iw-temp\... and find the file and right-click it. Does that work?
If so, I'm stumped. It's something to do with the way launchpad is handling .html files.
What if instead of hitting the "Edit" button in TS, you start by selecting the file and choosing "Edit > Edit with..." in the TS GUI, and choosing FrontPage? Does that work?
Are there any file associations for .htm or .html in launchpad setup?
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
reeturaj
It dosen't work and it gives the same error.
Even if we do wdit -> edit with it dosen't work. We created file asociation for html files with frontpage apps, it still didn't work.
COS214PF.zip
Migrateduser
Sorry, I'm lost--you should open a case with support. Please post back here if they resolve this for you--I'm very interested in finding out what is causing this problem for you.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
Paul
We too are experiencing the same issue with TS 5.5.1 on an NT server. and have tried all the things BobW recommended all to no avail.
The problem seems to occurr when the user drills down to a certain level or below. From the File System it works fine, but from within TeamSite the same file "couldn't be found" I have opened a case with Interwoven and they haven't yet assigned it
brett_whitten
I know this is an old thread but I think I can add some insight here. The problem is with FrontPage 2000. If you'll notice the entire path of the file to be edited c:\iw-temp\..., you will see that it has over 128 characters in it which is where FrontPage will give the error. It took me an afternoon to figure that one out. The problem didn't exist with FP98 and has been corrected for FrontPage 2002. The only way to fix this is to shorten your path, but that requires renaming branches, workareas, and directory structures which could cause much work, or upgrade or downgrade.
Our initial recommendation to our users was to go to the mount and edit the file until they uprgraded to FP 2002.
Paul
yeah, I had the 128 character thing pegged in about an afternoon too but t hat didn't help. What we ended up doing was going back to the launchpad application rather than the applet. I suppose I could recommend a FrontPage 2002 upgrade to the users.