Need to migrate documentum repository from Windows server 2008 to Windows Server 2016

Hi All,

I need to migrate documentum from one windows server to another windows server as it is. So i got the fresh Windows server and I have installed the Content Server 7.2 and SQL Server 2014.The Repository name and docbase id i have kept same as old server repository. I haven't done any data migration.

Could anyone please provide me the step by step approach to migrate all metadata and content from Windows server 2008 repository to Windows Server 2016 newly created repository.

If you need any further information please let me know.

Thanks,
Amit

Comments

• Can anyone reply on it please. I need it urgently.

• Hi Amit,
    The process is documented in the Upgrade and Migration guides most recently under the section "Copying a repository".
    Basically, you have the Content Server installed on your new host - using the same docbase name and ID as the original.
    Then you delete the tablespace and import your database export from the old DB to the new. Following this, you do have to update some values for the host which is also documented. For the content, you must also either copy the content from the old to the new location or ensure that the new server has access to your old data location.

Russell Kavanagh
    Documentum SME | Opentext

• Hi Russell,

Thanks for your reply. I have done it successfully.