Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
EventSubsystem won't start
System
After a restart for some Microsoft Patches I am unable to start my EvenSubsystem and am getting the following errors.
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:509)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:285)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:255)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:381)
at org.exolab.jms.server.JmsServer.(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: No suitable Log constructor
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:420)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:502)
... 4 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1618)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1930)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1027)
at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryImpl.java:417)
... 5 more
If I do open a command prompt on my Windows 2000 server and type java.exe I get the following error.
Error: could not open `e:\iw-home\tools\java\lib\i386\jvm.cfg
That file doesn't exist.
What should I try next.
Windows 2000
Teamsite 6.5 patch 3
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CRB
do you have the flexibility to revert/remove the patch?
is this dev or prod?
Migrateduser
This post is pretty old, but I figured I should post what the fix was.
I had placed a log4j class under \Interwoven\TeamSite\tools\java\jre\lib\ext which caused my issue. Removing the class file fixed the issue.