I'm trying to get SP/LS installed on my laptop (virtual machine running W2K SP4) for personal dev purposes. Quick questions:Where does one find the JVM to reference when installing Tomcat? (it prompts for one, but I'm not sure where to point it to and the documentation didn't seem to indicate anything about this)
Is the database information requested during LiveSite installation the same database as requested for "runtime" during SitePublisher installation - or is it a different database?
It will ask for two database, one for Development and another for Production that basically for runtime.
One thing more it configure Eventsubsystem with the Development Database. But you have to run sql script as per as vendor yourself in DB for Eventsubsytem schemas. It is available at //iw-home/eventsubsystem/conf/ddl path.
For configuring SP schema, you have to run a command to generate sql-schema from content_center/livesite_customer_src:
build.bat sql.generate.create.only
You can get JVM from at //iw-home/tools/java/jre an JAVA_HOME is //iw-home/tools/java/
I tried specifying d:\iwhome\tools\java\jre when prompted for the JVM - but then when I click Install I get a pop-up box that says "No Java Virtual Machine found." and the tomcat installer exits (I also tried ...\jre\bin, ...\jre\bin\client, ...\jre\bin\server, and ...\jre\lib - same result) - are you sure that's the correct location to find the JVM for the tomcat installer to use?
The SP installer asks for two databases - my question is with regard to the LS installer, which I believe only asks for one database - and whether that is the same database as the second one (runtime) that the SP installer asks for?
Is it mandatory to configure and run the event subsystem? I didn't see anything in the docs about that - as far as I know the only requirements for the event subsystem are:ReportCenterSearchDASThanks - got that done.