Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Web daemon Unable to contact interwoven proxy server
shahzamaj
I am trying to click on one jsp page and I am getting following error.
"The Interwoven Web Daemon was unable to contact the Interwoven Proxy Server. The Interwoven Proxy Server may be down, or running on an unexpected host or port.
Please contact your system administrator"
I checked services, iwproxy.exe is up and running on port 1080, where it is supposed to be running. If this port is occupied by some other service then this service will not start at all.
So why am I getting this error, while iwproxy is up and running ? what can I do to solve this issue ?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Try restarting the proxy, maybe all web services as well (iwreset -a).
Also, check iw.cfg and see what port it is configured to run on.
shahzamaj
Interwovem Proxy Server shows as started in services.
Server was down in the morning, so all the services were restarted at that time. So interwoven proxy server was also restared at that time.
This service was running on port 10180 before. But for last 6 days this service was running on port 1090 and now again its running on port 1080.
I checked iw.cfg and it shows port 1080.
Is it ok to restart this service ?
thanks for prompt reply.
nipper
Yes it is OK to restart the service.
Why was it running on 1090 ? Whoever has been changing the server configs had better know what they are doing or you are in a world of hurt.
shahzamaj
Server was rebooted for some installation and after that when I tried to restart iwproxe service, port 1080 was showing as occupied. So we had to change it to 1090 and after that iwproxy started running normal.
But today , when server went down, iwproxy is running on port 1080. How can port change automatically in iw.cfg ?
Now I did restart the service, but it doesnot solve the issue. iwproxy is still not available.
thanks
mhlw_report _test.rptdesign
repSrcFile.xml
ISCBorisB
How can port change automatically in iw.cfg?
Some installers can create/modify iw.cfg and that's it. Installer or otherwise, there is absolutely no IWOV process that
will quietly change User-configured ports behind your back. So, take your pick:
1. Somebody modified iw.cfg manually
2. It has been restored from back-up, possibly with the other components
3. Older version has been promoted (Deployed?) from your *Administrative* Branch (if you have such arrangement), etc...
nirali
If port number is changed in iw.cfg, do we need to restart teamsite services with iwreset -a ? Or it will take effect even without restarting the services ?
How can you make changes to IIS ? Where is IIS located ? Which files do I need to check IIS configuration ?
thanks
nipper
It will only take effect after a restart of services. And iw-reset -a will suffice
nirali
We did not do iwreset -a (even I mentioned about restarting the services, but I was told its ok) and services started running normal after we changed port number.
How to check configuration of IIS in teamsite ? where is IIS files located in TeamSite ? Someone suggested, IIS configuration might have changed. Can you suggest how to check IIS files ?
thanks.