Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Task which adds string to image
rabs
I have been tasked with setting up a task which adds a string(text) to an image.
Does anyone have an idea how I proceed?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrinivas
At a very high level, you have to create a PSD with sample text as a layer and then in your task use Text Layer Adder primitive alongwith a whole bunch of other stuff.
I would suggest that you contact support and they should be able to help you out.
rabs
Thanks.
I am unable to install Adobe Graphics server(which I need to enable to Text Layer Adder primitive). I assumed that it came with the Mediabin server install file. It does not. Can't find it on the support site.
The client I am working for already has a mediabin license. Is an additional license required for Adode Graphics Server?
msrinivas
What version of MB are you running? I think even as of the latest version you need AGS for text layer primitive. You should contact support and they should be able to get it to you. I do not believe there is any additional licensing involved. But check with support on that also.
rabs
I am running Mediabin 4.6.1 SP1
rabs
Thanks msrinivas. Apparently IWOV no longer support the Adobe Graphics Server.
msrinivas
Ok. But did they tell you how you can get the same functionality of the text layer adder without having/using AGS?
rabs
No. They simply said that feature was no longer available.
msrinivas
No. They simply said that feature was no longer available.
Wow! That is one of the most often demo'ed feature. Hopefully, Lyman or Tracy will be able to comment on this.
rabs
Well Lyman or Tracy - will you be so kind to respond?
final.rptdesign
iwTech
No. They simply said that feature was no longer available.
Oh... I can't believe this
-Vin
rabs
Have gotten round the AGS issue. We have a copy of AGS in-house which i have successfully installed - its a dev environment.
I have then done the following
1. created a psd file with a text layer( no background)
2. I have created a text adder transformer task, and run the task on a blank image.
I am getting the error "The following error occured while running this job -
Exception in primitive Reason=FwdDescriptor bad in forward setup, Message = PSD descriptor mismatch 6"
Any tips/ advice for resolving this?