Dql

Can anyone suggest how to use RETURN_RANGE in Dql query.

I tried below

Select r_object_id from dm_document where folder('') ENABLE(RETURN_RANGE 1 50, 'r_object_id asc');

Comments

• Hi,
    Try without the comma. Also, you will need to pass a folder path.
    Select r_object_id from dm_document where folder('/xyz') ENABLE(RETURN_RANGE 1 50 'r_object_id asc');

Russell Kavanagh
    Documentum SME | Opentext

• Thanks for reply..i tried it, but returns error saying A parser Error has occurred in vicinity.Executed query is same as you preferred.

Full Error message as [DM_QUERY_E_SYNTAX]error: "A Parser Error (syntax error) has occurred in the vicinity of: Select r_object_id, object_name from dm_folder enable(RETURN_RANGE 50 100 'r_object_id ASC'" :/
  • I don't see the closing parenthesis in the error. If you included it, It may be whatever tool you are using. Have you tried IDQL on the Content Server directly? The query I posted runs fine for me.

Russell Kavanagh
    Documentum SME | Opentext

• Hi ,
    Yes closing paranthesis is missing in error , but I have provided in query. I am using Samson tool of Documentum version 6.7 . Any version dependency is there..?!.

Actual need of mine is to fetch particular rows by mentioning start and end row numbers. For this any alternative query is there means, please share me.