I am running a workflow in TS 6.7.1 SP1 SOLARIS 10 using a wft file.I have a CGI task which writes a log inside a folder.Problem is since CGI tasks run as iwui user it doest have permission to write logs insides the log folder.file permission owner grouplog folder - 0775 - root - iwgloballog file - 0775 - iwui - nobodyeven if I try adding iwui to iwglobal group ,the CGI task running as iwui is not able to write logs inside the log folder.But if I change the group of the log folder to nobody, CGI task running as iwui is able to write logs.Please advise whether this is a normal behavior (iwui cannot belong to other groups) or whether I am wrong somewhere.
Hi ghoti thanks, for the comments,the log folder is on the local disk and not inside the branch.iwglobal group is not the problem since I had changed the log folder's group permission to some other group and added iwui to that group still no effect iwui is not able to write a file inside the log folder.Setting log directory world-writable (chmod 777) is not an option in my case due to security policy restrictions.Another problem is iwui is not able to change the group of a file to which he is a owner of to some other group.The only permission related operation is a able to perform is 'chmod' alone.iwui behaves differently from other users.