Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Linux authentication choices ?
nipper
So I am digging through the manuals, but I just want a little confirmation that I am reading this correctly.
I have a 6.7.2 Linux install.
User authentication choices are 1. local users 2. PAM/LDAP from a Linux/Unix server or 3. use Vintela to lave Linux validate the password from AD.
What do people use ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhargav Coca
Hey Andy,
We were using local users. later we shifted to LPAD and so were our userids migrated.
But it so happend that some time, our sysadmin messed up and our user accounts were all gone. So he had to recreate my Id again.
My best bet is to first go with local users and groups on Linux and then use the same user id's on TeamSite. Later i would do the same with LDAP.
Hope this helps.
Thank You
LooseCannon
When we migrated from TS 6.1 on Solaris 8 to TS 6.7.1 on Linux we went from using local user accounts to managing users in AD and using PAM to handle the authentication. I have LDAP synchronization to run every 3 hours I think.
For me the most difficult part was working with Corp Security to update AD user records with the "custom" TeamSite attribute.