Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite Search - iwndxstatus not responding - Puzzling problem
System
Hello,
I need help resolving this puzzling search problem.
The symptom:
Run pretty much any iwndx command and it never comes back.
For example: Execute the CLT "[search-home]\bin>iwndxstatus -a", cursor goes to the following line and there is no response from it.
Description:
We have a brand new installation of TeamSite Search 3.1.1 in production. Everything works fine in Dev. In production everything went well with the install. I have followed all the installation instructions and respecitve release notes. Also, I have done that twice, uninstalled and started from scratch twice just to make sure I was not missing anything.
The problem still the same, iwndx CLT do not respond.
Troubleshooting:
- Set the log files to DEBUG and there were no errors
- ran iwndxstatus -a multiple times and nothing gets logged on iw.tsindex.log
- There are no errors or exceptions in the log files
- Turned off Sophos anti-virus
- Re-installed Search
- Opened a ticket with support and I'm waiting on a response
Any clues anyone???
Platform:
Windows 2003 SP2
TeamSite Search 3.1.1 (Parch 1)
- IWOVtssrh-win-3.1.1.0-Build52.exe
- IWOVtssrh-win-3.1.1.0-P9040-Build65.exe
TeamSite 6.7.2 - SP2 (on a different server)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CRB
do you see index manager service running?
is it indexing?
did you check these logs: iw.tsindex.stdout and iw.tsindex.stderr
Migrateduser
Hello,
This problem as been fixed by cleaning the messages tables (messages_handle table I believe). I'm not connected to the VPN right now
.
The table had over 50.000 entries and for whatever reason it was driving the indexer crazy.
Truncated that table, re-started index and I'm good to go now.