Proper way to rebuild AppWorks 20.2 docker containers

Hi I am currently using the AppWorks 20.2 release in a containerized environment (just docker running in a VM). I'm able to get the stack up just fine and everything is working however I am unclear on what to do when it comes to rebuilding the containers (for example if i changed my secrets, or adding a new CAP). The cloud deployment guide says I should rebuild with </code><span><b><pre class="CodeBlock"><code>docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml build which works just fine however when I attempt to redeploy with docker-compose up using docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml -f docker-compose-openldap.yml -f docker-compose-postgres.yml up -d docker tells me that all containers are up to date.

I also tried to stop the containers and remove them, however this causes ldap to not start up correctly indicating that startup-scripts already exist. The only way I have been able to achieve a rebuild is by removing all containers and volumes. I would think this is not the intended way to do things as the persistent volumes are pretty critical to maintaining data between rebuilds. Most of the example commands in the cloud guide also say to use docker-compose stop directly, however this only functions on the appworks service. Is it the intent that ldap and databse containers should never be rebuilt? This does make sense to me however I am not sure how to deploy the new container for appworks as attempting to do so results in an orphaned container (for ldap and databse) message and a failure for appworks to start up.