TeamSite 6.7.2.0 on windows server 2003.One of the users are getting the following error message: "an error occured doing PT compiling. Please see more details in log files" when his trying to regenerate files. This users is a teamsite master and has the administrator role on the branch. My problem is that im not getting the error when generating the exact same file. Im also a teamsite master and administrator on the branch. The following error message is shown in the iwutild_cmdout.log: Could not output file: Y:/default/main/Maeglerweb2/Nybolig/WORKAREA/Nybolig/Svarkort/Nybolig/N0007_ris_og_ros.htmlThe following error message is shown in the servletd_out.log:2009-08-07 07:58:03,341 [http-8080-Processor25] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.formspub.utils.PerlPTCompiler () - UtildClient executing command error. Return Code: 5First it looks like a permission issue but since i have the exact same permissions i dont think thats the problem. Any idea? If you need more infomation, please let me knowThank you in advanceUPDATE: It looks like he can always generate the file but as soon as his change something and regenerete the file, the pt compiling error occures
The workarea is shared with the group his in. If i check properties --> permissions for the workarea the same group has full control. But if i check permission on a file, only I have full control (because im the owner) but no groups/users has full control. It looks like the permissions is not inherited. Could that be the problem and why does the file in the workarea not inherit from the workarea permissions?
In order to generate a file, the group should have right permissions on the file in question and the folder under which the file is located, should have execute permissions to traverse that folder.Try changing the permission and see if the other person can regenerate the file.
hiwe are facing the same issue with some users,,they are having same groups as mine and looks like they have same permissions as well but none of them are able to generate a file except me @Natashawhen you say ,user should right permissions to generate a file ,are u talking about DCR,any idea what could be the issue when everything is same from groups and permissions??Regards,mav
"Are you using local users (so that TPL compiler can run as a person), otherwise you have to use XSL templates"
Does it mean that if I am using TPL's LDAP/AD users cannot genrate the files and TPL compiler to run they have to be local users.
I am having similar kind of issue. I am able to generate as the master user with which I have installed the software on the server.
But when I am logging in as normal user with all role/previliges from branch to file, still I get the PT compiler error.
No log shows anything except the content_center.log shows as below.
2014-07-23 10:07:06,414 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-6] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler () - forward "WIZARD" not handled by descriptor iw.ccpro.launch_edit_form2014-07-23 10:07:23,653 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-6] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.formspub.utils.PerlPTCompiler () - UtildClient executing command error. Return Code: -10737415152014-07-23 10:07:23,662 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-6] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler () - forward "error" not handled by descriptor iw.formspub.do_generate
any ideas please.
You are not providing any useful information for debugging.
What have you tried ?
My first attempt would be to log on the server (you do not mention if it is DOS or Unix) and run iwpt_compile.ipl manually.
Get it to run properly as the Master then try it as the specific user.
AD/LDAP users can use TPLs if they are OS users. That means if the OS knows who they are (via /etc/passwd or AD). On DOS they need log on locally ability.
You may also find information in iwhome/logs/iwutild_cmdout.log
We are on WIndows, TS 7.3.2.
- Everything works as the Main local admin user used for installation of teamsite.
- TPL was compiled using the following suggested command and got no errors when I ran as Master.
iwpt_compile.ipl -pt Y:/default/main/mybranch/WORKAREA/mywa/templatedata/intranet/left_nav/presentation/left_nav.tpl -iw_pt-dcr Y:/default/main/mybranch/WORKAREA/mywa/templatedata/intranet/left_nav/data/leftnav.dcr -iw_include-location . -ocode ****.ipl ; ****.ipl
- You suggested to run as user who is having generate problems, how do I do that. Currently I am loggin in as master, open the cmd, run the above command. Is there anything I have to add to the command to run as the perticular user.
- iwutild_cmdout.log doesnot show up any errors.
The error message "PT compilation" says to see logs for more details and I dont see anything in iwutild_cmdout, trace logs.
My iwutild config has the following, I have increased the level to debug. But still no logs. Any thing else I can do to visualize where exactly it PT compiler is breaking.
<log level="debug" path="D:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\logs\iwutild.log" cmdoutputpath="D:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\logs\iwutild_cmdout.log"/>
Log on the server as teh user you are talking about. Try the same command. Depending on where it fails, you will know the problem.
If you cannot log on the server, that is your problem. You need Log On Locally ability
Ran the iwpt_compile command By logging in to the server as the test user. A popup requesting "which program to open with, select a program" came up. May be program to execute the IPL file was not recognized.
Then I added the iwperl to the infront of the command as follows
/Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwperl /Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwpt_compile.ipl -pt Y:/default/main/mybranch/WORKAREA/mywa/templatedata/intranet/left_nav/presentation/left_nav.tpl -iw_pt-dcr Y:/default/main/mybranch/WORKAREA/mywa/templatedata/intranet/left_nav/data/leftnav.dcr -iw_include-location . -ocode ****.ipl ; ****.ipl
An error "Access Denied" came up.
TPL and DCR has access to the perticular user, so I added executable permissions to iwpt_compile.ipl for "Everyone". Still the result same.
Any idea how to increase the logging verbose in order to get some details abotu PT compilation error in the log files.
A few points.
It created a script called ****.ipl which you ran. If you got a line number where it failed, it would be in that script.
You do not have an output file specified for iwpr_compile, so there is no place to put the output (not the problem).
Start traversing down Y:/default/main/mybranch/WORKAREA/mywa/templatedata/intranet/left_nav/data/ and see how far you can get. I imagine you will get a permission denied at one point.
First of all - Thank you very much for being so kind to respond to this thread.
Secondly,
The script ****.ipl, I hope that should be created in the directory from where I ran the script. unfortunately, nothing got created. Reason I believe is script iwpt_compile.ipl was not executed at all as it ended up with "Access is Denied".
I traversed through the branching structure also, no issues. Actually user added in a group, group has full access all the way through to data, presentation, dcr, tpl, workarea. templatedata.
Reg the logs, if I run the generate from Teamsite UI and when it through PT compilation errors see log files, which log file I need to see.
Note: The TPL file is to simply print <h1> hello world</h1>
The log is iwutild_cmdout.log
Get rid of the -ocode ****.ipl;****.ipl and try it again
Same Access Denied issue.
In logs I dont see anything other than many instances of the following snippet
Store Statusdefault Runningiwadmin Runningworkflow Running
ID Thread User Duration Store Operation0x3c31 0x494 SYSTEM 0.000 - GetServerStatus
However content_center.log gave few error message while previewing. Any thoughts please.
Well, there certainly seems to be an issue there:
2014-07-23 20:25:21,052 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-3] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler () - forward "WIZARD" not handled by descriptor iw.ccpro.launch_edit_form2014-07-23 20:25:27,768 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-3] WARN com.interwoven.cssdk.transform.impl.PreviewManifest () - exception while deleting manifest file //USBDTMSITE901/default/main/Internal/corporate/corp_it/corp_it_bioscience/WORKAREA/corp_it_bioscience/templatedata/zz_tst_USBDTMSITE901_tsuser5_1_manifestcom.interwoven.cssdk.common.CSObjectNotFoundException: Unknown Hopi error(Object being looked up was not found) ...2014-07-23 20:25:27,899 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-3] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.formspub.utils.PerlPTCompiler () - UtildClient executing command error. Return Code: -10737415152014-07-23 20:25:27,921 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-3] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.formspub.DoPreviewCommand () - error to remove manifestcom.interwoven.cssdk.common.CSException: (Premature end of file.) ...Root cause:org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file. ...2014-07-23 20:25:27,923 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-3] ERROR com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.command.CommandHandler () - forward "error" not handled by descriptor iw.formspub.do_preview
On the face of it, it looks like a permissions issue - either the manifest file was unable to be generated, or it was, but is unable to be deleted.
One thing to check for is any zz_tst_* files that managed to get versioned (they're not supposed to, but there was a bug in one of the older releases where this happened and it required some work-around hacks and/or a special utility from HP (then Autonomy) Support to fix.
Another thing to check is, as the user running the command, to go through and attempt to create and delete files in the root of the workarea, the templatedata directory, the category directory, the data-type directory, and the data directory (and any subdirectories therein) - to make sure that the user who is encountering these errors can actually perform those operations in all of those directories.
Ghoti hit the problem. The zz_tst files were submitted and then deleted.
Edit you iw.cfg and add this line to the [teamsite_templating] section:
preview_history_limit=100
Then run iwreset
I have tied the option of having this set in iw.cfg. But no success.
On preview I get the issue logged in the logs, but generation not a single line about the issue in logs, but gets PT compiler issue.
In addition
[teamsite_templating]
Does the number has to be 100. Actually if at all preview starts working I wanted it to be 5 at max.
It doesn't have to be 100, you can use 5.
I suspect you have 2 different problems.
One of which is it cannot create the zz_tst files, the other is that the pt_comlile fails.
I would work on the latter first. Get it to generate correctly, then figure out the former.
Andy,
A new observation below, any guess what could be the issue is.
I am able to traverse through the directory structure in teamsite UI till the tpl or dcr level.
But when I login to the server (remotely) and in Y: drive, I am unable to traverse through beyond workarea. It says dont have permissions view or edit after branch/WORKAREA/shared.
I have the user in a group which is having Admin role on the branch.
Same group is used as main owner group on the workarea.
Same group has FULL access (RWXDPO) on the workarea (seen in WA permissions tab)
Inspite of having proper permissions on UI, in phisical Y: drive I am unable to traverse through beyond workarea. Any thoughts, am I missing any basic OS level permissions.
Traversing through the UI is not meaningful because the UI performs operations on your behalf via different credentials (e.g.: "iwui")
Traversing through the file system (which is what @nipper suggested) means you are truly using the user's credentials - which is what the UI will do when it runs a script for you (e.g.: processing a DCR with a PT) and thus is much more meaningful.
You need to more carefully examine the OS (e.g.: Windows) rights on the workarea directory and all of its sub-directories either through the UI or from the filesystem using something like cacls) Chances are that the associations you think exist for the workarea and its directories with respect to users and groups don't actually exist the way you intended. If you fix that - the PT compilation problem will most likely go away.
That was why I kept saying use windows explorer and not TeamSite to traverse.
Check iw.cfg for workarea sercurity and branch security and see if they are on.
Is the branch marked as restricted ? View the properties of the branch in TeamSite.
Check the permissions of the workarea, is it shared to a group ? Is the user a member of that group ?
Its my bad to see the navigation on TS UI instead of OS. Any how
good news, the problem resolved by setting "Everyone" - read and execute permissions on the folder D;\Interwoven. Thanks to Ghoti and Andy.
Concerning on giving RX permissions to the whole folder and sub folders. Is this normal setup. What is the realistic/practical permissions to "everyone" on Interwoven installation folder (D;\Interwoven\*.*). Please guide me.