Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
AD groups for roles
hitc
Hi,
Is there a way to use Windows Active directory groups directly for roles.
For example,Windows AD group TS_Master results in role Master in TeamSite, AD group TS_Editor results in role Editor in TeamSite.
Is there a doc about Windows AD and TS other than the admin guide?Is there something special to configure other than iw.cfg?
TS672 on windows
Thx
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
abiondo
Hi HITC:
I think this is possible. I was able to add an AD group in my configuration, but didn't have a chance to test it. I use TeamSite Groups for our setup since we don't have much control over managing AD groups.
You should be able to add the group you just need to click on the radio button that reads Groups. I have attached a screen shot. If you need help finding it I would be glad to walk you through it.
hope this helps,
Anthony
GriffTheDog
This is possible. In TeamSite 6.7 we configured this in our closed test lab environment as per the instructions in the Admin guide. To do this we had to expand the AD schema. We weren't able to configure it in our production environment as the process/policies put in place by the network team to expand the production AD schema was insurmountable.
*** This was done when users logged in with a role, before roles become branch specific ***