Workflow1----------------------We have an overnight automated job that publishes content from teamsite STAGING to "Production webserver". Workflow2 (New Requirement)---------------------------------This proposed workflow, a new requirement, should publish files only to "staging webserver". This is when the user publish content from teamsite GUI. I know I may tweak the content submission workflow but I have some doubts over this process. In the new workflow2, I suspect, after publishing the content to "staging webserver", the content left in the teamsite STAGING area might be picked up by overnight batch job of Workflow1 and may publish to "Production webserver". I dont want this to happen. To prevent this, I want to delete content(though perl code) in teamsite STAGING area once it is deployed to "staging webserver". But I heard the content in teamsite STAGING area is read-only. Is this approach is practical or doable?suggestions...??ThanksJeff
Sorry to open this thread after a long gap. Because of the other priorities, this requirement was pushed back. Ghoti, the requirements are plain and simple. Thanks for your reply.- User should pick their teamsite GUI- The workflow should deploy the content directly from TEAMSITE WORKAREA to "staging webserver". - There is no approval or versioning process. - This content MUST NOT be pushed through TEAMSITE STAGING.Is this a possibility?Teamsite 6.1win 2003Thanks- Jeff
This seems pretty simple. Just have your deployment configuration use the TS workarea as it's source area. Don't submit the files to STAGING. Is there something I'm missing? This is what has been suggested to you in the previous posts.
- User should pick their teamsite GUI- The workflow should deploy the content directly from TEAMSITE WORKAREA to "staging webserver". - There is no approval or versioning process. - This content MUST NOT be pushed through TEAMSITE STAGING.f
wow, that is a brilliant post. Just take my previous post, and change a few words and pad you post.