Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom Role
Kevin Butcher
I'm upgrading from TeamSite 6.5 SP2 and I'm trying to figure out how to create a custom role in 6.7.2 with the permissions of an Editor, but can also unlock files that other users have locked.
As far as I can tell the only users who can unlock the files of other users are Masters and Administrators of the branch. The problem is I don't want to make these users Administrators. I've tried creating a custom role "based on" the Administrator role but with no success.
I'm wondering if this is something I'm going to have to use the UI Toolkit to change. Any ideas?
-------------
Win2k3
TS 6.7.2 SP1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Jamik
Read the Administration Guide for TeamSite to learn how to create new roles. You can easily create new roles through the GUI just log into CCPro and click the administration tab and manage roles. Once there you can create new roles and add specific functionality for the new role.
What failed when you tried to create a new role based on Administrator? That should work then you just go in and turn off the items that you don't want that role to be able to do.
Adam Stoller
Also - make sure you assign the desired user(s) to the desired role(s) on the desired branch(es) - just creating the role by itself won't do anything.
Kevin Butcher
I created a custom role called "Unlocker" with Create From: Administrator selected in the form where you create a custom role. I then made the permissions look like the normal Editor permissions by turning off the features I didn't want them to have. I basically want this role to be the same as an Editor, but with the ability to unlock other users' locked files. Still the "Unlocker" role when given to a user on a particular branch didn't grant the user permission to unlock another user's locked file.
I can't seem to narrow it down to any particular setting in the "Edit Role" form ("Branch Administration", "Files, Forms, and Folders", etc.). It seems as though that ability is still tied to the Administrator role that TS has always had. Similar to how in the available_templates.cfg you don't reference the Administrator role as "Administrator" but it's still "admin" just as it was in the past.