Dynamically change currency format (prefix) of y-axis series when running report

Options
JoelOliMclean
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
The software I work on gives users the ability to define their own home currency on the system, so I need to be able to change the currency symbol displayed in charts dynamically either in script or preferably as part of the engine integration we've developed. I'm sure I could work that out if I could figure out how it's done via script. I've found the beforeDrawSeries function but that's as far as I've got.

I've attached the example report I'm working with, contains the Decimal format definition in the script that I want to apply to test it.

If anyone knows where to go from here it would be most useful. Here's a quick annotated screenshot to show what I mean:

Comments

• I have the same issue!
    Does anyone have any ideas? Has this requirement not come up before? Or have we missed something obvious?
  • Here is an example that shows how to dynamically set the currency symbol based on a parameter value.  There is code in beforeFactory of the report and in the chart script.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • That's perfect - thanks Jeff.
    Works when the axis title is set to not visible as well - as the title caption is still available.