Home Documentum

dqman runs but keeps crashing

Hello Guys, I have been able to successfully run dqman version 6 with repository version 16.4
I have done this using DFC 6.7SP2, 7.1, 7.2 and 16.4 individually.
I have used KB article below as well. 

KB10030004

However I am facing the issue that dqman keeps crashing. I have tried on Windows 7 and Windows 10 as well with the same results.
I get the below error in Event Viewer.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Faulting application name: dqman.exe, version: 6.0.1.34, time stamp: 0x5ccac346
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x09d6a1b1
Faulting process id: 0x214
Faulting application start time: 0x01d64a434624febc
Faulting application path: C:\Dev\dqMan\dqman.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: a48a856c-b636-11ea-b7c2-0050568f2fa2

Comments

• Unfortunately, since dqman is not written/owned by OpenText, they are not supporting this.  Its up to FME to fix this.
  • Thanks Johnny. Have you seen or faced this issue yourself or someone that you know of?
    Any recommendations in terms of other tools available? I do not want to compile source code to get the tool - just want a standard executable.

• Unfortunately, we had to stop using dqman after our 16.4 upgrade.  IDQL is the only way we can run large queries that will cause DA to timeout.
  • s_vaidyas_vaidya Samir Vaidya EM
    I have not tried, but there is another similar product named DQL Buddy. They had a booth during previous year Enterprise World at Toronto, and product seemed to provide similar functionality:

https://www.informedgroup.com/dqlbuddy/

Samir Vaidya
    Enterprise Software Architect
    OpenText

• Thanks Samir. I have been able to get DQL Buddy working. However when I try to Execute a DQL, I get the below error.
    Have you encountered this as well?

null
    java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.informedgroup.dqlbuddy.model.utils.ConfigDBUtils.getCategoryItemsList(ConfigDBUtils.java:1051)

at com.informedgroup.dqlbuddy.model.utils.ConfigDBUtils.getCategoryItemsFromAllDB(ConfigDBUtils.java:1277)

at com.informedgroup.dqlbuddy.gui.DqlQueryLibraryTab.initGUI(DqlQueryLibraryTab.java:224)

at com.informedgroup.dqlbuddy.gui.DqlQueryLibraryTab.<init>(DqlQueryLibraryTab.java:175)

at com.informedgroup.dqlbuddy.gui.DQLBuddyApp$8.widgetSelected(DQLBuddyApp.java:703)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:252)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4173)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3986)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3585)

at com.informedgroup.dqlbuddy.gui.DQLBuddyApp.main(DQLBuddyApp.java:141)

• s_vaidyas_vaidya Samir Vaidya EM
    As I said, I have not tried this product myself. You can try dropping mail to contact details on informedgroup.com. I did see it working though at their booth last year.

Another tool I saw was on Github - again, I have not tried this too:

https://github.com/HetBenkt/DQL-Tester-FX

Samir Vaidya
    Enterprise Software Architect
    OpenText

• PedroMaiaPedroMaia Senior Consultant (OpenText) EM
    I can confirm that I have dqMan working with Documentum 16.7.
    Regarding DQL Buddy, I get the same error as you, so I guess we have to go to Informed for support.
    Regarding DQL-Tester-FX it works, but is a bit slow and not as powerful as the original DQLTester.
    My favourite is DQLTester, but it doesn't work anymore with Documentum 16.x.

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• Thank you guys. dqman runs, but inadvertently keeps crashing.
    Reg. dql buddy, I will take this up with the Informed for Support.

DQL Tester FX, yes Pedro agree with you - very slow and nowhere close to what the older one was .

Please, publish your findings (for instance regarding DQL Buddy) as it may help others.

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• I had some strange error while running DQL Buddy and found it was related to using DQL Buddy from a folder path which contained space.  I simply copied over to C drive and found it working after that.  Not sure if this is the same error you are facing.
    MohamedYousuff, the error you experienced might have been something different, as I have no spaces in the path to the 'DQL Buddy' folder and still get the error:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.informedgroup.dqlbuddy.model.utils.ConfigDBUtils.getCategoryItemsList(ConfigDBUtils.java:1051)

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• You mentioned that 'have no spaces in the path to the 'DQL Buddy' folder '.  So, you still have a space in 'DQL Buddy', rename that folder to remove space and retry again.
    I was just referencing the name of the application:
    - The folder is 'C:\Workspace-ABC\Software\dqlbuddy_1.0.15_beta'
    - The file is 'DQLBuddy.exe'

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• Can you keep the path simple like c:\dqlbuddy
    The reason for suggestion is characters like _ . and other numericals.  I am not sure if this is exactly what is causing trouble in your case but trying to keep it simple like how I had in my PC and it worked in my case.

I tried 'C:\dqlbuddy' and it still fails with the same error. Thank you for the suggestion anyway.

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText