dqman runs but keeps crashing

Options
2»

Comments

• All I did was to unzip dqlbuddy-1.0.18.zip file and double click on the DQLBuddy.bat file in it to startup.  I did not alter or do anything with any of the db files that you mentioned.

• Hi Mohamed, thanks for your reply. I will do a retest with the package you downloaded to see if there is something wrong in the zip file on our website. I will keep you Informed!
  • Hi Mohamed, I just did a test on the same package you downloaded and I do not get the same error on using the filters (workflow tab). Can you provide me with the exact steps to reproduce the issue? Preferably with some screenshots?

Thanks in advance.
    Ernst
  • Hi,
    I have explained the steps already, I "unzip dqlbuddy-1.0.18.zip file and double click on the DQLBuddy.bat file in it to startup".  Then click on menu item 'Monitoring' --> 'Monitor workflows', then click on any of the radio buttons 'Todays workflows', 'All Workflows', 'Paused workflows' to see that popup error.
    Or even type any key in the text box below that section, the same popup error appears again.
    I did a retest again after deleting the entire dqlBuddy folder, I unzip the file and double click on the DQLBuddy.bat file, login to the docbase and repeated the steps, I could see the issue, I did not update/modify any kind of internal databases, this issue is visible and repeatable very easily.
  • The test i did was on a 20.2 DCTM environment. What version did you test on? I extracted the query that is executed when you select the all workflow option. Can you try and execute it from the dql editor screen and see if it also gives the error?

select w.r_object_id as workflow_id, wi.r_object_id as workitem_id, p.object_name as pname, a.object_name as actname, wi.r_act_seqno as act_seqno, ps.r_package_name as pkgname, pr.r_component_id as objid, s.object_name as objname, wi.r_runtime_state as rs, wi.r_performer_name, w.supervisor_name, a.trigger_event as event, wi.a_wq_name, wi.r_creation_date, w.r_start_date, a.r_object_id as actid, p.r_object_id as pid, w.parent_id from dmi_workitem wi, dm_workflow w, dm_activity a, dmi_package_s ps, dmi_package_r pr, dm_process p, dm_sysobject(all) s  where wi.r_workflow_id=w.r_object_id and wi.r_act_def_id=a.r_object_id and w.r_object_id=ps.r_workflow_id and ps.r_object_id=pr.r_object_id and ps.r_act_seqno =wi.r_act_seqno and pr.r_component_id<>' ' and p.r_object_id=w.process_id and pr.r_component_id=s.r_object_id and w.supervisor_name like '%' and w.r_object_id like '%' and pr.r_component_id like '%' and s.object_name like '%' and wi.r_runtime_state<>2 UNION select w.r_object_id as workflow_id, '0000000000000000' as workitem_id, p.object_name as pname, a.object_name as actname, wr.r_act_seqno as act_seqno, ps.r_package_name as pkgname, pr.r_component_id as objid, s.object_name as objname, wr.r_act_state as rs, 'WAITING!!!!' as r_performer_name, w.supervisor_name, a.trigger_event as event, '' as a_wq_name, date('15-11-1975','dd-mm-yyyy') as r_creation_date, w.r_start_date, a.r_object_id as actid, p.r_object_id as pid, w.parent_id from dm_workflow w, dm_workflow_r wr, dm_activity a, dmi_package_s ps, dmi_package_r pr, dm_process p, dm_sysobject(all) s where w.r_object_id=ps.r_workflow_id and w.r_object_id=wr.r_object_id and wr.r_act_seqno=ps.r_act_seqno and wr.r_act_def_id = a.r_object_id and ps.r_object_id=pr.r_object_id and pr.r_component_id<>' ' and p.r_object_id=w.process_id and pr.r_component_id=s.r_object_id and not exists ( select * from dmi_workitem wi where w.r_object_id=wi.r_workflow_id and wi.r_runtime_state<>2 ) and w.supervisor_name like '%' and w.r_object_id like '%' and s.object_name like '%' and pr.r_component_name like '%' UNION select w.r_object_id as workflow_id, '0000000000000000' as workitem_id, p.object_name as pname, a.object_name as actname, wr.r_act_seqno as act_seqno, ps.r_package_name as pkgname, '-' as objid, '-' as objname, wr.r_act_state as rs, 'WAITING!!!!' as r_performer_name, w.supervisor_name, a.trigger_event as event, '' as a_wq_name, date('15-11-1975','dd-mm-yyyy') as r_creation_date, w.r_start_date, a.r_object_id as actid, p.r_object_id as pid, w.parent_id from dm_workflow w, dm_workflow_r wr, dm_activity a, dmi_package_s ps, dm_process p where w.r_object_id=ps.r_workflow_id and w.r_object_id=wr.r_object_id and wr.r_act_seqno=ps.r_act_seqno and wr.r_act_def_id = a.r_object_id and p.r_object_id=w.process_id and not exists ( select * from dmi_package_r pr where ps.r_object_id=pr.r_object_id and pr.r_component_id<>' ' ) and w.supervisor_name like '%' and w.r_object_id like '%' and '-' = '-' and '-' = '-' UNION select w.r_object_id as workflow_id, wi.r_object_id as workitem_id, p.object_name as pname, a.object_name as actname, wr.r_act_seqno as act_seqno, '-' as pkgname, '-' as objid, '-' as objname, wr.r_act_state as rs, 'WAITING!!!!' as r_performer_name, w.supervisor_name, a.trigger_event as event, '' as a_wq_name, date('15-11-1975','dd-mm-yyyy') as r_creation_date, w.r_start_date, a.r_object_id as actid, p.r_object_id as pid, w.parent_id from dm_workflow w, dm_workflow_r wr, dmi_workitem_s wi, dm_activity a, dm_process p where w.r_object_id=wr.r_object_id and  wi.r_workflow_id=w.r_object_id and wr.r_act_def_id = a.r_object_id and p.r_object_id=w.process_id and not exists ( select * from dmi_package pk where w.r_object_id=pk.r_workflow_id and wr.r_act_seqno=pk.r_act_seqno ) and w.supervisor_name like '%' and w.r_object_id like '%' and '-' = '-' and '-' = '-' order by 14 desc, 5 desc'

Thx in advance,
    Ernst
  • I am using content server 16.4 version.
    I tried that query in repoint and found it is returning results.  If this is the query used in that radio option, then it is strange that it did not work from DqlBuddy.

• I am able to reproduce the issue now using that same query.
    I logged in to DQLBuddy as regular (non-superuser) account whereas I was using superuser account from repoint.  If I login to repoint as a regular (non-superuser) account then I can see the same error message from repoint as well.
    Repoint displays the below error message now.

Query Error:[DM_QUERY_E_BAD_QUAL]error:  "The attribute qualifier, wr, for attribute r_act_seqno, is not a valid qualifier."

• Hi Mohamed, thanks for your info. It is now clear what the issue is (the non-superuser). In the upcoming new version of DQLBuddy we will prevent the error popups (probably by limiting the functionality for non-superusers.

• Is the DQLBuddy targeted for documentum administrators with superuser access only ?

• I downloaded dqlbuddy-1.0.18.zip, but unable to unzip, looks corrupted.
  • Hi Damodarswamy,

I just tried to download it myself, but had no problem. Can you retry?
    If it still fails, please send an email to our support mail and we will send it via mail to you.

Jeroen

• @Ernst Dijkstra

Modify attribute item from context menu is disabled always, may i know how can i enable it?

also it would be good if we have auto fill feature while entering some keywords like table name (object type) or attribute name etc

Thanks in advance

• Hi Vinojash,

Please keep the SHFT key pressed and then open the context menu. This will enable the more powerfull options (such as modify/delete). This is done to prevent accidental changes.

Cheers,

Ernst

• Hello @JeroenT ,

text box to write query in dqlbuddy is one liner. Can we extend its size ?

• Hello @ankitsharma_1116 ,

It seems your using an older version of DQL Buddy. You can download the latest version (currently 1.3.0) from our website here: https://www.informedgroup.com/solutions/details/dql-buddy/

Best regards, Jeroen

• Thank you @JeroenT !!

latest version (1.3.0) has better UI.

• You're welcome @ankitsharma_1116 ! And please let us know it there is anything we can do to improve DQL Buddy.

• @JeroenT

I think the below items can improve DQL Buddy.

1. Ability to connect to multiple docbases in the same window without disconnecting the existing connection. Useful to support multiple systems.
    2. Provide CREATE script for a type. This feature used to be available in Samson. Useful to transport the type from one environment to another, e.g. dev to qa
    3. In the DQL result, the option "Generate DQL Create Script" is good but it is also including the attributes i_ and a_ , these must be removed to be portable.
    4. Provide option to save DQL results to an external file.

• Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your feedback. With regards to your questions.

1. Ability to connect to multiple docbases in the same window without disconnecting the existing connection. Useful to support multiple systems. -> We will not implement this, as it increases the risk of executing unwanted actions in the wrong repository. If you do want to connect to multile repositories, we advise to open DQLBuddy twice.
    2. Provide CREATE script for a type. This feature used to be available in Samson. Useful to transport the type from one environment to another, e.g. dev to qa -> Good idea... we will implement this in the JavaFX version of DQLBuddy, which will be released next year.
    3. In the DQL result, the option "Generate DQL Create Script" is good but it is also including the attributes i_ and a_ , these must be removed to be portable. -> I just fixed this in the code, fix will be available in the next DQLBuddy release.
    4. Provide option to save DQL results to an external file. -> I need to check this, because we had the option the export DQL results to CSV.

VBR,

Ernst

(DQLBuddy development team)

• Hi Mohammed,

In addition to the answer in point 4: below the Execute Query button there is a More actions button that contains an Export to CSV action. If the More actions button is not visible, you can drag the divider between the Query field and the results field down to make it visible.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Jeroen

• @Jeroen Jansen

Can you please share the support mail id.

TIA

Regards,

Damodar