Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Update Task expected behaviour of overwritemod="f"
catorarn
TeamSite 672/win2003
I would like to ask a question as regards to the Update Task in workflow. I put into place the updatetask:
[html]
owner="__TAG__('iw_areaowner');"
description="Update without Overwrite"
start="f"
overridemod="f"
lock="f"
delete="t" >
__INSERT__("");
__INSERT__("");
[/html]
I would expect the updatetask to NOT overwrite the version in the $workarea path as I have overwritemod="f". However, it overwrites the version with the STAGING version.
Am I wrong here?
I have the following setup:
I have 2 workareas. One workarea contains DCRs that have image paths like "imported/images/(..)/billboard.jpg. I have a urlexternaltask which transforms this path to an encrypted path and copies this file to the second workarea. Then from that workarea I submit to STAGING. I want to then update the original workarea keeping the original version with the unencrypted path, so that the user is presented with the path he/she entered. I hoped that the overwritemod flag to "f" would be equivalent to the get latest dialog option "keep my current version". In this installation, we do not want users to do any get latest actions (we took out all these options in using the UI toolkit).
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Please don't crosspost - this has already been responded to in the other forum.
Please close
this
thread.