Cross tab performance very bad

Options
martinKB
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
We habe a general problem regarding the performance of crosstabs. Here is an concret example: A crosstab report design with 3 parameters uses a iHub data objekt of size 36MB. Just the loading time (time until you can select the parameters) of the crosstab on the iPortal is 20 seconds. The Ram od the iHub server is 32GB. The settings of the crosstab resource group is:
ServerResourceGroupSetting
Name="Default Interactive Crosstabs"
Activate="TRUE"
MaxFactory="1"
MinFactory="0"
MaxWorkUnit="8"
StartArguments="-Xmx1g -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:-UsePerfData -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.actuate.javaserver.protocol com.actuate.javaserver.Server"/>

What can we do to get a better performance for crosstabs?

Comments

• Hi Martin,
    If the behavior occurs only the first time you open a crosstab and then it's better then I would suggest to set the MinFactory="1" to avoid having to wait on the process to start.
    You can then also try increasing the Xmx to 2g to see if it helps.
    If nothing helps, then please open a ticket and provide us a test bed we can use to recreate the bad performance you see.
    Many thanks,
    Joel
  • I have done that. Unfortunately there is no effect. The loading time ist still very long. Other non-crosstab report designs using the same data object start immediately.  I will create a support ticket including report design and data object.

Regards,

Martin