How to update Client Capability and Extended Privileges using DQMAN?

Hi I would like to check how to udpate the Client Capability and Extended Privileges using DQman? Thank yoU! 
Tagged:

Comments

• Pedro Maia
    edited July 23, 2020 #2
    Just find the numeric values for the Client Capability and Privileges you want and execute the DQL:
    UPDATE dm_user OBJECT
    SET client_capability = <Numeric Value>,
    SET user_privileges = <Numeric Value>,
    SET user_xprivileges = <Numeric Value>
    WHERE user_name = '<User Name>'

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• Hello Pedro, Thank you so much for your help. This is useful. Im using my own VM test environment. I accidentally changed the client_capability and extended_privilege of the installation account /superuser that's why now I can't change it because I lost the permission. I try the DQL but since I lost my Superuser/Sysadmin permission I can't change it. 

[DM_QUERY_E_UPDATE_USER]error: "You must have SYSADMIN or SUPERUSER privilege to update or create user

Thank you. 
  • PedroMaia said:
    Just find the numeric values for the Client Capability and Privileges you want and execute the DQL:
    UPDATE dm_user OBJECT
    Hello Pedro, Thank you so much for your help. This is useful. Im using my own VM test environment. I accidentally changed the client_capability and extended_privilege of the installation account /superuser that's why now I can't change it because I lost the permission. I try the DQL but since I lost my Superuser/Sysadmin permission I can't change it. 

[DM_QUERY_E_UPDATE_USER]error: "You must have SYSADMIN or SUPERUSER privilege to update or create user

Thank you. 
  • PedroMaia said:
    UPDATE dm_user OBJECT
    Hi , this issue is already resolved. I updated the follwoing in SQL and it work. Thank you so much!