Combining static and dynamic columns in a BIRT report

Options
ntt
ntt
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I'm interested in using a crosstab to combine a a set of dynamic and static columns. A similar question was asked previously at https://forums.opentext.com/forums/developer/discussion/59595/dynamic-columns-in-birt-report but I am unable to see the attachments.

The only way I found to do this was to create a multi-level group/dimension on the cube which contains the static attributes that I would like displayed, and then I click Show/Hide Group levels on the crosstab and tick each attribute from which I want a column generated. So if I have 10 columns/attributes, then I need to create a group/dimension which is 10 levels deep.

I'm wondering if there is a better way to solve this kind of problem?

Comments

• Unfortunately, the old attachments were lost when the website was rebuilt.  Attached is a different approach that only took a few minutes to create.  I added a table and a cross tab, and then tweaked the formatting to make it look like one element.  The report was created in 4.8.  I hope it is helpful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • ntt
    ntt
    edited August 12, 2021 #3
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion. However that seems to work only in the HTML view, and not an Excel view.