I am on TS 6.5SP2 on Windows.I am trying to deploy uisng simple dbi. So in my external task, I just parse the DCR and get the values, connect to DB and dump the values, very simple basic implementation. For some reason my DBI is being stupporn in my external script. But it works very fine if i use it anywhere (my ODBC is good). Here is the snippet, I am doiung foreach DCR attached and dumping the values, the call back is never 0. can some one correct me.
[html]
foreach my $file (
@attachedFiles){ if($file =~ /templatedata/){
my $entirepath = "$areavpath\\$file";
my $settingpath1 = "Y:$areavpath\\$file";
print LOG "Entire DCR path : $settingpath1\n";
$settingpath1=~s#\\#/#g;
my $file1 = $settingpath1;
print LOG "DCR Path : $file1\n";
open(PRDCR, "$file1") or die "Unable to open file !";
my $dcr_buf = ""; # Initialize buffer to empty
$dcr_buf .= $_ while();
close(PRDCR);
my $parser = TeamSite:

CRparser->new();
my $rootnode = $parser->parse($dcr_buf);
my $Title = $rootnode->value("product.main.class");
$Title =~ s/'/\''/g;
my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi

DBC:MYDB', 'scott', 'mercury') or
die "Unable to connect: " . $DBI::errstr . "\n";
}
}
$task->CallBack(0,"External Task Completed");
close(LOG);
[/html]
Thank You