Is there a way to get a list (in perl) of the receivers to be acted upon in a deployment.
I am running a transactional deployment and I have some custom scripts for handling nodes that may have missed a deployment or 10 and it would be real helpful if I could get a like of hosts (receivers) that are configured for the deployment. I was hoping that there was something already existing that would give that list.
Sorry I forgot to put in that we have the quarum set to allow 2 or 3 failures that will allow successful deployment. This is to allow that when systems are down or out for some reason. the deployments still occur. This is where we have custom code to get these systems up to date when they are availiable again. And a reverse deploy is not an option due to the time it takes to do the scans and checks each time.We are doing a dir difference against the last edition and using only opendeploy and controlhub.
We copy new files into the work area, submit to the stage and then do a diff from the last edition to the current stage. Then the deployment is from that. If a host fails and we have the quarun set such that the deployment passes. We track that and record the failure for the next deployment. On the next deployment we try to "Catchup' the out of sync host(s). I need to be able to check the replication farm list to ensure the hosts in our list are still part of the deployment. Or if new ones are added We need to know. Thanks for the help.
I cannot say that I fully understand your implementation, but I've pointed out ways to extract the names of the nodes in the replication farm, and ways to determine which nodes failed to receive a deployment. At this point, I think you need to figure out your process and try putting both pieces into action.I'm not sure that anyone here can help you too much more than that without actually writing the code for you... and that's not what where here to do (for free)