[HTML]my $user = "sde\\sb05358";my $command = "E:\\teamsite\\iw-home\\bin\\iwaccess.exe set-owner \\mystore\\main\newsroom\\WORKAREA\\workarea\\templatedata\\News\\NewsRelease\\data\\ashish $user";`$command`;[/HTML] I am running above lines of perl to change owner of DCR, but getting error ERROR:00925: No Such User.Any help will be appreciated.
HiThe value of variable $user="sde\\sb05358" indicates that "sde" is the domain name and "sb05358" is the user-id.Have you tried this as $user="sde\sb05358". Because when you query for the user using iwuser.exe as [iwuser -q sb05358] ,the output will be["sde\sb05358"]. So the use of "\\" may be an issue.HTH
When you run with sde\sb05358 perl gives an error. I have to run either with sde\\sb05358 or sde\/sb05358.Thanks.
I don't know if it is just a posting error - but in your first argument to iwaccess you have a single back-slash before newsroom - which means that it would be interpreted as being a newline (\n) rather than a path-separator followed by an 'n' character - I'd recommend using forward slashes in your code - except for the userid - which can be as you have it or with single-quotes and a single back-slash. You might also play around with using "SDE" instead of "sde" since it is possible that iwaccess code is case-sensitive and isn't matching against the case that's registered for the domain name.