DM_SESSION_E_PASSWORD_CHECK_GETPWNAM

Does anyone here already encountered this error from the docbase logs? I've checked every possible file where credentials exist but I found them pretty much okay. We've checked in windows perspective and DB perspective and no history of the account being locked out. The application is also running but quite bothered with this error message as to where is this coming from.

[DM_SESSION_E_PASSWORD_CHECK_GETPWNAM]error:  "Operating System Failure during user validation.  Operation: getpwnam().  Operating System Error: (The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to.

Any thoughts? Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• I've had this before and it was a local account, not LDAP, that got locked out, which was weird because I was logged in with it... Resetting/unlocking the local account fixed the issue for me.
  • Thank you for your response crittedv!

hmm what local account are you referring to? and how did you unlock/reset it? 
  • In our older system, the dmadmin account was local to windows instead of an LDAP account, so the CS dmadmin got locked somehow and everything started failing. Took me a while to find it but that was the fix. Use Window's user management to check if there are any local accounts that are locked out.
  • I see... but in our case, we have a service account. In Window's user management I don't see our account listed in Local Users but it's in Administrator group which I couldn't say if it's locked or not. Although, I checked the repository logs and I don't see the error for the past few days.