Hi,I have a filelist deployment requirement. I have a list of files which need to be open deployed. In that, if any one fails to deploy, I have to report that to another team. Is there any way where I can identify which files are successfully deployed and which not? May be something easy or a log file?Env: TS 6.5 SP2 on windows server 2003Thanks,Amit
You can do this programmatically with a DNR script from your deployment configuration file - the DNR script receives information about successes and failures through STDIN in XML format so you'd have to parse the information (there's a perl module IWXML.pm supplied with OpenDeploy that you can use for this purpose) - you also need to make sure that your deployment is set to be transactional if you want it to fail and rollback all deployed files if any of the files fail.
Hi Ghoti..Thanks for your valuable input.I just tried one DNR script which will only take status and log it. I ran the script as DNR. Following is the four line code.use strict;my $status = <STDIN>;open LOG, ">D:/iw-home/local/logs/newlog.txt";print LOG "\n $status \n";But the log shows <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <log target="" action="0" date="1239127659" result="0" response="" >The filelist contains three files and all deployed successfully.Am I missing something here.Thanks again,amit
use strict;my $status = q();{ local $/ = undef;$status = <STDIN>;}open LOG, ">D:/iw-home/local/logs/newlog.txt";print LOG $status;close LOG;
That should work better (do you understand why?)
Hi All,I checked Ghoti's code and it worked and yes, I understood why it worked.. Then, I implemented it following the suggestion from Boris. Did not parse the log file and directly used the IWXML.pm to get the file status. And it worked good.I just have one more question. In my case, I have to delete the list of files from Target servers. So, for the case of failure in deletion of files, should I get that status with the $xml->GetFailedFiles() function ? OR will that be list of files minus $xml->GetSucceededDeletedFiles().Thanks,amit