How to retrieve sent emails

van_Diermen_Willem
edited December 22, 2020 in AppWorks #1
Our client has decided to separate AppWorks and the DMS (Documentum), so we do not use the out-of-the-box document store connector. As a result the emails do not end up in the DMS.

We still want to store the send emails in the DMS, but how?
1) Is there an event where we can catch the send emails?
2) can we find send emails in the AppWorks repository?
3) If we use action rules (buttons) to send an email from a BPM via the ws SendEmailFromTemplate, we do not see the response with the email send and thus we cannot stored the email in our DMS (via our won API layer).

How to solve this problem? Please advice.

Comments

• You can use the following technique:
    1. In the Email building block's child entity (Emails), add the Web service building block and enable the Read web service
    2. Create a BPM which calls the ReadEmails web service and then calls the Documentum API
    3. Add a rule on the Emails entity, which triggers the BPM when an item is created (i.e., when an email is sent)
    Hope this works.
  • van_Diermen_Willem
    edited November 10, 2020 #3
    Henri,

Thank you very much!
    I have implemented this and it works partly. I still have the following problem:

The rule (event 'An item is created') also sends the email in DRAFT mode (which is Ok).
    The problem is that if the email is changed (status changes from draft mode to sent mail) and Send, the rule does not fire.
    Another rule based on Event 'A property changes' also does not work.
    It seems that only the first rule is working, so how to capture emails from draft mode to Send Email?

Please advice.

Regards, Willem
  • Hi Willem,

I am assuming you tried to created the following rule in the Emails child entity?

If this rule is not triggered when the status changes from Draft to Sent, this could be a bug in the platform. Could you log a Support ticket please?
  • Update: Previously, a rule configured as explained in the previous post would not be triggered when the status changes from Draft to Sent.

A fix for this issue is expected to be delivered as part of release 21.1.

This discussion has been closed.