Run job two times a day

Hi everyone,
Could someone tell me if is it possible to schedule a job two times a day?
If it is possible, how can i do?
I'm using 16.4, and I have to run dm_LDAP job two times, the second one just fews minutes later than the first one.
Thank you.

Comments

• Two times per day but within minutes of each other? That's a strange requirement. Can you explain why you need this?

One solution I can think of is to make a copy of the dm_LDAP job and schedule both to run once per day, but the second one a few minutes later than the other one. Of course, there's no guarantee that the first one will be finished before the second one starts. You may also want to look at job sequences.
  • Hi bacham3,
    yes of course I can explain. Sometimes we have some errors in the first execution of dm_LDAP, something like this:

"WARNING: A User with same user_name (1234) exists in the docbase with a different identity
    WARNING: Skipping User 1234
    ERROR: Skipping User 1234 ..."

The problem is that dm_LDAP tries to set a value of user_global_unique_id for the user 1234, but it is still fill with an other values. The only way we can fix this problem is to run a custm job that empty this value for the users that dm_LDAP job didn't update correctly.
    But in this way, we have to run another time the dm_LDAP job, this time it finds the user_global_unique_id empty and it can update with the new value.

If someone have any suggestions for this problem, please tell me.

• I still don't understand the root cause of the issue but job sequences seem to be a possible solution. Checkout the server admin guide for more information.
  • We actually do something similar.  We run LDAP sync job once a day and then run a custom job (10 mins afterwards) that modifies the newly created user objects to enable them to use customized SSO profile.  Since my client doesnt have a need to create user accounts more than once a day, any updates that our custom job doesnt catch the first day, will be caught the second day.