Entity System Tag to get the part of UserDN

Options

Hi,

I wanted to construct a userDN in a Rule but I don't see any system tag to get the below part as I don't want to hardcode this in the rule:

cn=organizational users,o=MyCompany,cn=cordys,cn=aw202sand,o=company.com

Currently my rule is like this:

'cn=' + item.Director.Properties.User_ID + 'cn=organizational users,o=MyCompany,cn=cordys,cn=aw202sand,o=company.com'

I know we can do it from a BPM but checking if there is any system tag like {system.baseURL} that I can use..

Thanks,

Mahesh

Comments

• jpluimers
    Options

@Mahesh Pinnamaneni , the organization DN itself is not available via a system property, but you can use the application configuration entity. That allows you to add application specific properties to your solution and use these in for example rules. See chapter 9 'Runtime application configuration' of the OpenText AppWorks Platform Low-Code Design Guide.

• Thanks Johan.

I think it would be really helpful if we can just use username or login name in the Lifecycle task assignments instead of UserDN or have the UserDN field available in the Identity entity.

To me this is just unnecessary rule that we have to write in a low code platform. May be an enhancement to the product.